PerTronix D1000 Flame-Thrower Distributor HEI Chevrolet Small Block/Big Block Black Cap
Part Number: D1000
- Additional Information
- Download Instruction Manual
- New lightweight aluminum alloy housing.
- Aligned and honed high quality bronze sintered bushings for reduced friction and extended life.
- Centerless ground corrosion resistant shaft reduces friction and provides concentric operation.
- Distributor gear is ground to exact tolerances for tighter mesh with camshaft. (Bronze distributor gear available)
- High dielectric strength cap with brass terminals and low resistance center coil brush.
- Balanced rotor with nylon screws prevent arcing and reduce vibration at high RPMs.
- Adjustable vacuum advance canister and high performance advance curve.
- Precision machined chromoly advance weights and center plate eliminate erratic timing.
- Meets stringent automobile susceptibility, vibration and shock requirements
- Legal in all 50 states and Canada (C.A.R.B. E.O. #D-57-23)
STREET / STRIP HEI distributors Our HEI distributors are built from the ground up with all new components. We have engineered a special high energy module and coil combination that operates without misfires beyond 7500 RPM. That's nearly 3000 RPM higher than most stock HEI distributors. Flame-Thrower HEI distributor produce 67% more energy with a 45% faster spark breakdown time when compared to the stock HEI. This means twice the energy to the spark plugs. Our tests show that with these improvements wider plug gaps can be used resulting in an increasing flame kernel growth for more efficient combustion.
Download Instruction Manual
Emissions CodePerTronix Performance Ignition and Exhaust Brands use a voluntary product identification program whereby all emission sensitive products can be identified by placing numbered labels in product packaging and listing corresponding numeric codes next to each part number. The corresponding numbers and explanations are as follows:
This Product has been granted a California Air Resources Board (C.A.R.B.) Executive Order ("EO") Exemption, or is considered a Direct Replacement or Consolidated Replacement part. It is 50 State Legal when installed on the appropriate vehicle per the Manufacturer Application guide and Installation Instructions.
This product is Legal for use on 1974 and older non catalyst equipped vehicles and is considered a Replacement Part per California Air Resources Board regulations, as long as ALL emissions sensitive components are retained, including A.I.R., EGR, Heat Risers etc. Failure to retain any of these components, or use on any 1975 or newer catalytic converter equipped car would render this product Illegal for Street or Off Highway use in California, or in states that have adopted California Emissions regulations and may only be used for Closed Course Competition.
This product is Not legal for Street or Off Highway use in California or in states that have adopted California Emissions Regulations and is only intended for Closed Course Competition use, except 1965 and older US manufactured California Certified vehicles, 1967 or older US manufactured Federally Certified vehicles, or 1967 and older Foreign manufactured vehicles which may have any aftermarket add-on or modified part installed as long as the vehicle can still meet the tailpipe emissions standards for the year of the vehicle and retain any original or retrofit crankcase control (PCV) devices and NOx device required for the year of the vehicle.