Spyke Ignition Products
Not enough spark in your life? Spyke can help. Let's get started by testing your Ignition Coil.
- Turn off the motorcycle ignition
- Disconnect the spark plug wires from the coil by hand. Disconnect the two smaller primary wires from the coil using an open-ended wrench
- Measure the resistance between the coil connections for the spark plugs with an ohmmeter. The resistance should be 0.5 to 3 ohms. A resistance outside this range indicates a broken coil
- Measure the resistance between the two smaller primary wire connections on the coil with an ohmmeter. The resistance should be 6,000 to 12,500 ohms. A resistance outside this range indicates a broken coil
- Purchase a Spyke Ignition Coil!
Spyke single fire coils feature 3 ohms of resistance for Big Twin and Sportster® Harley® models.
Spyke 8mm silicone-jacketed wires allow for maximum energy transfer to ensure that the energy created by any ignition system is delivered to the spark plug for maximum horsepower.