Contest Information and Rules
When you purchase at pertronixbrands.com today through Monday, 11/29/22, we will automatically drop your name in the hat for a chance to win a trip to the Goodguys 25th Summit Nationals presented by PPG in Columbus, OH, July 7-9, 2023.*
- Transportation for two to and from Columbus
- Four nights of hotel accommodations
- Two weekend passes to the show
- Goodguys Swag Bag
Find The Perfect Part to purchase and secure your entry today.
PerTronix – Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. THE PURCHASE OF ANY GOOD WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND IS VOID WHERE RESTRICTED OR PROHIBITED BY LAW. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL, AND MUNICIPAL LAWS APPLY. YOU MUST HAVE INTERNET ACCESS AND A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS TO PARTICIPATE. ODDS OF WINNING ARE DEPENDENT UPON THE NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE PARTICIPANTS RECEIVED DURING THE SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD.
1. Eligibility: No purchase necessary. Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to Eligible Participants who comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules. For purposes of this Sweepstakes, “Eligible Participants” solely means individuals who, at the time of entry: (1) are 18 years of age; (2) legal permanent residents of The United States; (3) reside in the U.S.; and (4) have Internet access and a valid email address. Void where prohibited by law. PerTronix, LLC (“Sponsor”) does not warrant that this Sweepstakes is valid in any particular jurisdiction. Participants of jurisdictions where this Sweepstakes is prohibited are ineligible to participate in this Sweepstakes. Employees of Sponsor, their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parents, agents, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members (defined as a person’s spouse, parents, children, step-children, grandparents, siblings, step-siblings, regardless of where they live), and/or those living in the same household (defined as people who share the same residence at least three (3) months a year) of each are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. Winning the Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules.
3. Sweepstakes Period: Entries will be accepted starting at 12:00am Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) on or about November 21, 2022 and ending at 11:59pm PST November 29, 2022 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Eligibility for entry into the Sweepstakes will cease at the applicable time and date, and all entries received thereafter will be considered disqualified and will be ineligible for participation. If Sponsor does not receive your entry for any reason, or if your entry is not entered correctly, the entry will be invalid and you will be ineligible to participate or win. Sponsor’s computer will be the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter: No purchase necessary. During the Sweepstakes Period, all Eligible Participants may enter the Sweepstakes via one of the following entry methods:
- Online Entry: Visit https://pertronixbrands.com during the Sweepstakes Period and purchase a qualifying product. One (1) purchase of one (1) or more qualifying products will count as one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes, and a valid email address must be submitted with the purchase in order to be entered into the Sweepstakes. All online entries must be received by November 29, 2022 11:59PM PST.
- Mail-In Entry: Send your full legal name, date of birth, home address, and valid contact email address via regular mail to: PerTronix Sweepstakes, 440 E. Arrow Hwy San Dimas, CA 91773. Mail-in entries must be postmarked no later than November 29, 2022 & received no later than December 13, 2022. One (1) mail-in entry will count as one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes.
Limit one (1) entry per person per day during the Sweepstakes Period regardless of the entry method.
Each eligible entry must fulfill all Sweepstakes requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win the Prize (as defined herein). Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to these Official Rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Sponsor. All entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the holder of the email address included in the purchase or the mail-in entry. For these purposes, an email address shall mean the primary, natural person who is assigned to such address by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with such email account. Sponsor is not responsible for, and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected, unsuccessful, or illegible entries for any reason. All entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and its affiliates, and once submitted, none can be modified, supplemented, returned. Joint/group entries are prohibited. No entry may be made (in whole or in part) on behalf of someone else. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent these Official Rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent these Official Rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
5. Prizes: Sponsor will award the following prize to one (1) winner (collectively, the “Prize”):
If winner resides more than 250 miles of Columbus, OH:
- Two (2) three-day tickets to Good Guys 25th Summit Racing Nationals presented by PPG from July 7 to 9, 2023;
- Two (2) domestic, round-trip, coach airline tickets from a major commercial airport near the winner’s legal residence (as selected by Sponsor) (“Airport of Origin”) to the John Glenn International Airport in Columbus, OH;
- Lodging accommodations consisting of one (1) standard hotel room (e.g., either single king bed or two queen beds) for four (4) nights as selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion; and
- Economy rental car (as selected by Sponsor) for four (4) days for usage within the Columbus, OH metro area.
If winner resides less than 250 miles of Columbus, OH:
- Two (2) three-day tickets to Good Guys 25th Summit Racing Nationals presented by PPG from July 7 to 9, 2023;
- $300 to be used for regular fuel for round-trip automobile ground transportation between winner’s legal residence and Columbus, OH, not to exceed six hundred (600) miles total; and
- Lodging accommodations consisting of one (1) standard hotel room (e.g., either single king bed or two queen beds) for four (4) nights as selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
The approximate retail value of the Prize is $4,000. Actual/appraised value may vary at time of Prize award and/or date of departure depending on the city of departure, date and times of travel, airfare fluctuations, and hotel charges at the time of booking. Therefore, the actual value of the Prize awarded may be lower or higher at the time it is fulfilled. If the actual value of the Prize is less than the stated actual retail value herein, the difference will not be awarded.
The Prize does not include transportation to or from airports and/or rental car locations, gas allowance, or any meal allowance. All expenses, costs, and incidentals not specifically mentioned herein are not included and are solely the winner’s responsibility, including but not limited to, round-trip transportation between Winner’s residence and the hotel if winner resides within 250 miles of Columbus, OH, insurance, parking, room service, service charges, excursions, spa services, telephone calls, internet fees, and taxes which are not expressly included in the Prize. The Winner shall only be eligible to win and receive one Prize. The reporting and payment of all tax liability incurred by the Winner as a result of the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to federal, state, and local income taxes, is the sole responsibility of the Winner. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. The Winner is solely responsible for all fees or costs associated with the Prize received, regardless of whether it, in whole or in part, is used. The Winner may be required to complete certain tax documents for the fair market value of the Prize and return them to Sponsor. The Winner and his/her guest(s) (or the parent or legal guardian of said guest, if guest is a minor) may be required to sign a Release (where allowed by law).
The specifics of the Prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor, and the Prize shall be awarded AS IS and WITHOUT ANY WARRANT OF ANY KIND, expressed or implied, including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The winner may waive his or her right to the Prize. No cash or other Prize substitution permitted except by Sponsor, which may, in its sole discretion, substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the advertised Prize (or any portion thereof) becomes unavailable. Sponsor may also in its sole discretion change the time period in which the Prize must be taken. The Prize is non-assignable and non-transferable. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers, gift cards, or certificates. Prize elements may not be separated. In the event that Winner and/or his or her guest(s) engage in behavior that, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, is obnoxious or threatening, illegal, is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person, or is contrary to Sponsor’s policies in effect at the time of the Prize fulfillment, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the Prize or other applicable experience early, in whole or in part, and send the Winner and/or his or her guest(s) home with no further compensation. Winners acknowledge and agree to be solely responsible for any actions, claims, or liabilities of the winner and/or his or her guest(s).
Prize trip must be taken on or around July 7, 2023 through July 9, 2023. If winner is not available to take the trip on such dates for any reason, the Prize will be forfeited in its entirety and an alternate winner may be selected (time permitting). Travel must be reserved through Sponsor’s agent, and Sponsor shall determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. Sponsor will attempt to accommodate winner’s preferred itinerary, but all specifics thereof will be at Sponsor’s discretion. Any depiction of the Prize is for illustrative purposes only. Itineraries and departure dates may be changed, cancelled, or discontinued at any time and without prior notice. Airline tickets issued with the Prize are not eligible for frequent flyer miles, and no code share flights may be used. No one-way trips or upgrades allowed. The round-trip air transportation element for the Prize begins and ends at the point of departure. Unless otherwise necessitated by Sponsor, no stopovers are permitted on tickets issued as the Prize. If a stopover otherwise occurs, the Prize may terminate, and full fare may be charged from the stopover point for the remaining trip segment, including the return. Once all travel arrangements have been confirmed, no changes to any details of the Prize will be allowed except by Sponsor. The Winner is solely responsible for baggage charges, taxes, and any other charges incurred after or in connection with the issuance of airline tickets and/or the rental car. Airfare may not include government taxes, Passenger Facility Charge or September 11th Security Fee. Prize travel is subject to capacity controls, availability, black-out dates, airline carrier’s regulations, and certain other restrictions, which may include a Saturday night stay, all of which are subject to change. Sponsor is not liable for expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay, and all airline tickets are subject to the vagaries of flight variation, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes. The Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer, and any unused element of the Prize will be forfeited. Air transportation, ground transfers, and accommodations must be taken together and cannot be taken separately. Winner and his/her guest must travel together and must travel from the major airport closest to the winner’s residence, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Other hotel fees are not included and, if applicable, may be payable at the time of check-out by the Winner. Photo I.D. and credit card or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges (e.g., room service, use of telephone/internet, laundry, and all other optional extra services not included in the Grand Prize). If any guest is a minor, the winner or one of the winner’s other allotted guests must be such minor’s parent or legal guardian. If the winner elects to travel or partake in the Prize with no guest, no additional compensation will be awarded. The winner’s guest(s) is solely responsible for obtaining any and all necessary travel documents (e.g., valid photo I.D., passport, visa, credit card, etc.) before departure.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner selection and notification: The winner of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing under the supervision of the Sponsor between December 14, 2022 & December 16, 2022. The potential Winner will be notified via email to the email address provided in the original entry with within five (5) days following the winner selection. The Sponsor shall have no liability for a winner's failure to receive notices due to winner’s spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. The potential winner will have seventy-two (72) hours from the date of notification to claim his/her Prize and may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release, a publishing rights release, and/or a publicity release (where permitted by law). If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the Prize within 72 hours from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, or if the Prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the Prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
THE POTENTIAL WINNER IS SUBJECT TO ALL REQUIREMENTS SET FORTH IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, INCLUDING VERIFICATION OF AGE, RESIDENCY, AND IF APPLICABLE, VALID PARENTAL CONSENT, BY SPONSOR WHOSE DECISION IS FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF THE PRIZE, EVEN IF THE SWEEPSTAKES SO INDICATES, UNLESS AND UNTIL THE PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. SPONSOR HAS THE RIGHT, IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, TO DISQUALIFY THE WINNER AND/OR REMOVE FROM ALL SPONSOR MATERIALS ANY INDICIA OF A WINNER WHO COMMITTED AN ACT OR HAS DONE ANYTHING WHICH MIGHT BE REASONABLY CONSIDERED (A) TO BE IMMORAL, SCANDALOUS, OR OBSCENE; 0R (B) TO TARNISH, DAMAGE, OR OTHERWISE NEGATIVELY AFFECT OR IMPACT THE REPUTATION OR GOODWILL ASSOCIATED WITH SPONSOR OR ITS BRANDS. IF A WINNER AND GUEST(S) CANNOT COMPLY WITH THESE RESTRICTIONS OR ANY PORTION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, THE PRIZE MAY BE FORFEITED IN ITS ENTIRETY AND AN ALTERNATE WINNER MAY BE CHOSEN FROM AMONG ALL REMAINING ELIGIBLE PARTICIPANT ENTRIES (TIME PERMITTING).
8. Release: By submitting an entry, participating in this Sweepstakes, and/or accepting the Prize (if selected as the winner), you acknowledge and agree that:
- You grant to Sponsor, anyone acting on behalf of Sponsor, its respective licensees, successors and assigns, partners, agents, subsidiaries, parents, and/or affiliates a worldwide, exclusive, irrevocable, and eternal license, with rights to grant sublicenses to any third party (including but not limited to any affiliate, subcontractor, or contractor of Sponsor), under any applicable rights (including but not limited to any intellectual property rights through the world), to print, publish, display, broadcast, distribute, edit, modify, remove, add, develop, and use or create any derivative works from any part of your entry, including, without limitation, your first name & last initial, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Sweepstakes, and non-identifying biographical information in any media now known or hereinafter invented as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation or notice to you;
- you shall not claim, argue, or assert any moral rights related to your entry against any Sponsor actions and/or its sublicensee’s actions or behavior based on this section;
- neither you nor your legal guardian will have right of approval, claim to any compensation, and/or claim arising out of the use, alteration, distortion, or illusionary effect or use in any composite form of your entry;
- the submission is gratuitous, made without restriction, and will not place the Sponsor under any obligation;
- Sponsor is free to disclose the ideas contained in the entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you;
- by acceptance of your entry, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from the sources other than you;
- the Sponsor and its representatives may use (or refrain from using) your first name and/or other digital representation thereof, whether now in existence or created in the future for any and all advertising and promotional purposes in any and all media now known or hereafter invented (including but not limited to digital and print media) without territorial or time limitations and without further consideration, at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, unless prohibited by law; and
- you will have no right of approval, no claim to any compensation, and no claim arising out of the use, alteration, distortion, or illusionary effect or use in any composite form of your name, pictures, video, or any other digital representations thereof.
9. Terms: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should Sponsor (in its sole discretion) determine that the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned due to a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, human error, technical failure, pandemic, epidemic, or other causes beyond its control. In the event of early termination or cancellation, the Sponsor reserves the right to conduct the Sweepstakes and to award the Prize in any manner which is fair, appropriate, and consistent with these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, including without limitation, awarding recognition to a new winner based on random selection from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the termination or cancellation.
Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to, multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses, multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by these Official Rules, or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering.
CAUTION: Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Right of Non-Participation: By entering the Sweepstakes, you agree to receive email newsletters, marketing materials, and advertisements periodically from Sponsor. Pursuant to federal law, you have the right to opt-out of receiving any future communication from Sponsor at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link contained therein.
11. Limitation of Liability: By entering this Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its subsidiaries, parents, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, due in whole or in part, whether caused by Sponsor’s negligence or not, including without limitation, (i) claims arising out of personal injury, death, property, damage; (ii) such entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any Prize or any portion thereof, (iii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iv) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (v) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (vi) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; and (vii) infringement of intellectual property rights, publicity rights, privacy, or defamation.
Sponsor is not responsible if this Sweepstakes cannot take place or if the Prize cannot be awarded due to acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism, epidemic, pandemic, or any other acts or events beyond its control. Participants further agree that Sponsor is not responsible for: 1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by participants, printing errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; 2) technical malfunctions or failures of any kind, including without limitation, malfunctions, interruptions, traffic congestion, or disconnections in the telephone network, computer online system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, servers, providers, or any combination thereof; 3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Sweepstakes, including theft, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; 4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of the entries; or 5) any injury, damage, or loss to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participant’s participation in the Sweepstakes, or receipt, possession, acceptance, and/or use or misuse of any Prize. Finally, participants warrant and represent that their entry does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademark rights, rights of privacy, publicity, or other intellectual property, or other rights of any person or entity, and that any publication of the entry via various media outlets, including Internet posting, will not infringe on the rights of any third party. Accordingly, participants and/or Winners shall indemnify and hold Sponsor and its Representatives harmless from any claims arising from Sponsor’s use of each participant’s or Winner’s entry.
12. Disputes: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND CALIFORNIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in California having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
14. Winners List and Official Rules: To obtain a copy of the winner's name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: PerTronix Sweepstakes, 440 E. Arrow Hwy San Dimas, CA 91773. Requests must be received no later than December 31, 2022.
15. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is PerTronix, LLC, 440 E. Arrow Hwy, San Dimas, CA 91773.
16. Third Parties: This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn or Google. You understand that you are providing your information to the owner of this sweepstakes and not to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn or Google.